Internet becomes one of the important and essentials part of today modern and fast going life. With the age of the internet the number of computer usage are also increased. With the increasing rate of computers over the internet network and many different network security attacks slow down the internet services.
In this article you find a little introduction some of the effective way of how to control on the two types of attack i.e. DOS and DDOS.
DOS and DDOS Attack
DOS and DDOS are the two most common network attacks which slows down the internet services. DOS attacks are occur and becomes popular in the mid of 1980 and 1990’s. At an early stages DOS and DDOS were not consider as serious problems, but with the increasing rate of computer over the internet it create a lot of different security problems. DDOS is more danger, risky and unpredictable in nature and it becomes a real and sensitive threat for network security.
DOS and DDOS attacks are occur in the weak implementation of TCP/IP protocols to make the network and computer resources stop to working. DDOS attacks are mostly found in the destination based routing and in IP spoofing. Numerous security guards have been developed for security against DOS and DDOS attack, but no one can show 100% secure results in some situations. This paper include a brief history to the network, discussion on TCP/IP protocol, DOS and DDOS network security threat and a number of different solution to different network security attacks.
Control over the Dos and DDOS Attack
Some of the network security attacks solutions are used which protect the network to some extend but not completely. We briefly describe here some of the network security solutions here:
- Secure your network by using Firewall.
- For the detection of DOS (Denial of Service) attack implement route filters and install some patches which protect your network and system from TCP/IP threats.
- Delete and disable all the extra network resources which is starting point to occur consume host resources attack.
- Check your system performance for ordinary activities by maintaining baselines. Measure all the extra and unused disk activity, CPU usage, or network traffic.
- Keep the anti-viral software up to date. This will prevent the site becoming a home for DDOS agents like TFN.
- Maintain a playbook for securing from DDOS attacks as quickly and efficiently as possible. Playbook contains all the steps of how to secure form DDOS attack an initial stage when it is detected.
- Contact with the DDOS specialists who divert your traffic and find efficient solutions for you.
- If you detect DDOS attacks then call you ISP and hosting provider for fixing your error.
The network administrator keeps up to date with all the latest evolutions to security against DOS and DDOS attacks.
Numerous companies and organization offer their services for finding a solutions to the network security threat and give essential tanning to the network administrator about how to secure your network form different threats.